Sunday, November 20, 2011

How do I change my Linksys router model number WRT54G to an OPEN NAT?

I Have a moderate NAT and I use the router to use xbox live such as halo 3 where i get a message when i enter matchmaking that i have a moderate Nat and should change it. Certain friends I can't talk with or party up with. Can any one give me step by step on how to achieve an OPEN NAT without getting a new router?

How do I change my Linksys router model number WRT54G to an OPEN NAT?
The above poster is close.





What you need to do is to log into the router's settings by going to http://192.168.1.1





The username is blank and the password is "admin".





In the port forwarding settings, you must enter the following information as being open:





• UDP 88


• UDP 3074


• TCP 3074





These settings are fairly self explanatory, and the IP address of "192.168.1.0" in the last field will allow to all IP addresses.





Hope this helps!
Reply:It sounds like (if I understand correctly; I often don't) that your ports for Halo and such are being firewalled. You can forward these ports to XBOX from your router. From looking around online, I think you need to forward these ports:





88


2074


3074


No comments:

Post a Comment